One of the biggest excuses for not exercising is “I don’t have any time.” But if you are really ready to start doing SOMETHING, then here is an easy at-home routine you can do with no equipment and only 20 minutes. These activities can be done in one spot, so you can even do this routine in front of the TV. You really have no reason not to try it!
Do each exercise for one minute, and rest for :30 seconds between each exercise. Try this circuit twice for a simple 20-minute routine to jump start your day!
- Knee Lifts (standing in place, touch opposite elbow to knee)
- Squats (feet at least shoulder-width apart)
- Jumping Jacks
- Wall Sit (lean against a wall with legs bent at 90 degrees, keep back and head against wall)
- Plank (that is, hold the top part of a pushup, keep ear-shoulder-hips-knees in a straight line)
- “Superman” back extensions (lie on stomach, arch back so that shoulders and chest come off floor)
Please be aware that fitness activities are potentially hazardous activities. Ensure that you are physically capable of performing these exercises and that you have no conditions that would be aggravated by performing this routine. Questions? Please ask here, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.