At the end of every year, I write New Year’s Resolutions based on my astrological chart. I look at the 12 houses and come up with goals for each, according to the sign that is on the house. Then, I take stock of the previous year’s resolutions. I have them written down, and I carry them around with me in my wallet all year, to remind me of my stated goals. Sometimes I’m really pleased with how well I did; other years I sigh and put my shoulder back to the wheel. For 2012, looks like I’ll be doing the latter. Of the 12 goals, I would say that I was successful with five of them, I began working toward six of them, and I had a change of plans with one and scrapped it altogether. On to 2013. . . .
Here are this year’s resolutions:
- I tend to get mad too quickly, so I will focus on being more humble and gracious.
- I need to address my finances, so I will find a better balance between work and parenthood.
- I will learn one new skill this year.
- I will go on adventures with my child, and we will learn and explore together.
- I’ve been coaching a long time, and sometimes get frustrated, so I will focus on finding joy in leadership.
- I will complete at least one public service act this year.
- I will make one new friend.
- I’ve been putting my own fitness time to the wayside, so I will change my lifestyle to accommodate exercise again.
- I will take all the hard lessons I’ve learned the past year or two and make them a real, concrete part of my new life.
- I will find an agent and editor and get published.
- I will give back to and take care of my friends as they’ve taken care of me this past year.
- I’ve held on to some things that should stay in the past, so I will let go and focus on joy and wonder instead.
Whew. . . . An ambitious list. Good thing I’m pretty focused. . . . 🙂
Happy New Year!