Bloggers who nominate other bloggers for a Liebster Award are supposed to pose 11 questions to be answered by the nominee. I saved my questions for a separate post because I thought it might be fun for anyone to do. So if you need a break from your paperwork, here are some things to ponder:
- What was your favorite book as a kid?
- Why did you start your blog?
- If you were given money but you had to spend it on school, classes, or lessons, what would you study?
- If you were given money for travel, where would you go?
- What skill or talent do you wish you possessed that you don’t already?
- Would you rather sing in public to a large audience or jump from an airplane?
- What is your favorite meal for breakfast?
- What fun place to visit or fun thing to do would you like to share with us?
- What scares you?
- If you could talk to a ghost, what would you ask?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
Happy pondering and writing!
Last week, a fellow blogger nominated me for a Liebster Award. This award is kind of like a “pay it forward” thing. A blogger gives a public shout-out to other bloggers, and so it becomes a way to spread the word about other sites. Besides being a really nice thing to do for fellow bloggers, it’s a fun way to learn new stuff. A big THANK YOU, then, to http://anadventurersdream.wordpress.com for tagging me! I can’t tell you how much the nomination lifted my spirits and made me smile!
The Liebster nominee is supposed to answer 11 questions posed by the nominator, give 11 random facts about him/herself, and then nominate 11 other blogs for the award. Here are my “homework” answers:
QUESTIONS FROM ANADVENTURERSDREAM:
- Would you rather have the power to fly or the power of super strength? Super strength, please.
- What movie are you looking forward to seeing the most in 2013? Movies? I think I remember those. As a mother to a young child, I don’t get out much. But this question made me research upcoming releases. “Oz The Great and Powerful” caught my eye.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live? I’ve only ever lived in the US, and it’s a great country. But I can’t deny the Anglophile in me. Would have to say the UK for this one.
- Who is your best friend and why? My kiddo. He’s a cool little dood. I’d do anything for him, and at the end of the day, he’s the one I love the most.
- What is a pet peeve of yours? Do I only get one??? I would have to say rudeness, but that’s closely followed by bad grammar.
- If you could go into any book, movie, or television show and live your life out in it, what would you choose? Harry Potter, of course.
- What is the meaning of life? To learn as much as you can.
- What are your favorite self-traits? I think I’m too hard on myself to answer this one.
- Is there anything happening in 2013 that you are particularly looking forward to? Summertime!
- What would you do if you won a million dollars? After paying off bills (mine and my family’s), I would take ballroom dance lessons.
- What is your dream job? Writer. In a cabin. In the woods.
MY RANDOM FACTS:
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a jockey.
- I still have my stuffed animal (dog) from when I was 6 years old. His name’s Henry, and he’s on my armchair right now.
- My Italian ancestors are no doubt rolling in their graves, but I really don’t like garlic or onions. Or peppers.
- When I write the number eight, I make two little circles rather than a continuous figure-eight line.
- I have read the entire Harry Potter series at least 7 times.
- The CD in the first spot in my car is the Sound of Music soundtrack.
- I crochet when I get writer’s block.
- I can touch my nose with my tongue.
- If you measure my wingspan from middle finger tip to middle finger tip, the result is bigger than my height.
- I had brain surgery in 2007.
- I have been to Canada, Poland, China, and Australia; these trips were all for sports competitions.
MY LIST OF NOMINEES (in alphabetical order):