After several days of relentless rain where I live, I opened the curtains this morning to find a riot of color. The lilies, planted by the previous homeowner, peeked over the windowsill to give me an orange-white-and-green howdy-do. Love it.
Here are some meanings of and legends about the lily:
- According to Greek mythology, the lily grew from the breast milk of the goddess Hera.
- The lily is also associated with the Archangel Gabriel and with St. Leonard.
- Lilies come in nearly every color except blue. Therefore, one with a Lily Totem should examine the significance of blue in his/her life. Do you have too much or not enough blue energy in your life?
- The lily was considered sacred by the Assyrians, and in China it was known as the Bringer of Sons.
- The lily is a favorite of fairies and nature spirits.
- The stalk of the lily symbolizes higher consciousness being awakened in the individual; the leaves represent humility.
Enjoy nature today!